Thursday 24 May 2012

30:Minutes or Less - Movie Review

30:Minutes or Less

Two fledgling criminals kidnap a pizza delivery guy, strap a bomb to his chest, and inform him that he has mere hours to rob a bank or else...

Cast: Jesse Eisenberg, Danny McBride, Aziz Ansari, Nick Swardson
Director: Ruben Fleischer

So this may have been directed by Zombieland director Ruben Fleischer, and star Jesse Eisenberg from the same movie, but it's nowhere near as good. There are a couple of unexpectedly good hi-octane car chases, one of which is a pizza delivery in the opening sequence of the movie.

I'm a Danny McBride fan, especially after seeing him in Your Highness, and he brings some humour to the table, but the script is largely forgettable. Aziz Ansari is my biggest bugbear with 30:Minutes or Less, he is just not funny, and a shit actor at that.

There are some decent special effects near the end with the flame thrower, but that's about it.

Some of the more amusing quotes in the film were:

"I taught myself how to cut my own hair and eat pussy."
"I taught myself how to eat pussy hair."

"He OTPF'ed me at Junior High Formal."
"What the hell is that?"
"Over the pants fingered."
"That's disgusting."

"What? You flowered my twin sister and I know all the fucking details?"

"We hit that pizza fuck where it hurts."
"What in his dick?"
"No in his pussy."


2/5
A largely forgettable comedy using big names to promote itself


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...